If you have not noticed yet, you will soon. This year, everyone has access to both Interim ELA and Interim Reading tests.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- Interim ELA Tests have 2 sections. The first section consists of Language, Listening, Informational Reading, and Literature Reading. The Second section consists of 1 Writing prompt worth 10 points.
- Interim Reading Tests have 1 section. This one section consists of Language, Listening, Informational Reading, and Literature Reading. There is NO writing prompt included in this Interim.
- We suggest that a district NOT use both the ELA and Reading tests at the same grade to avoid confusion. The district administrator can determine which will be used by only putting the one to be used in the Test Window(s).
- Scoring works the same for both Interims and it does not matter if a student takes the reading one year and the ELA the next year or vice versa, they will still have longitudinal data reporting grade over grade.
- If you decide to administer the Interim ELA test, PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT FIRST: Quick Guide Pausing and Restarting an Interim ELA Assessment