Based on client feedback, we made performance enhancements to the Reporting over the weekend. While most of these changes involve under-the-hood code efficiency, there are a few minor updates that are user-facing:
- When a user clicks on the Student Results Generator (SRG) wizard, the selection panel will now appear on the left-hand side of the screen, rather than the right. This adjustment is to better coincide with how users view and read webpages.
- The system will no longer display the count of selected students. An aggregate student count is an intensive query that runs multiple times when users modify their selections, and this negatively impacts the system’s performance. This simplified approach will enhance system performance and streamline reporting processes for users.
- On the “Select Test Reason” page, users will have the option to select only one test reason. Currently, all test reasons can be selected.
- On the “Select Assessments” page, users will have the option to select only one subject, although any number of corresponding grades and assessments can be selected. Currently, the system allows all subjects to be selected. When generating a data file, ALL subjects can still be selected.
- On the “Select Students” page, the user can select up to 3 schools when generating ISRs. Currently, the system allows all students to be selected. When generating a data file, ALL students can still be selected.
- In the “Search” text field, the system will allow users to search up to 5 students by entering their IDs. Currently, the system only allows 1 student ID search.
- If users duplicate a reporting request while awaiting report delivery to the Secure Inbox, , the system will alert users that their original request is still being processed. As a result, the system will not process a duplicate job until the previous job has been delivered to the Secure Inbox.. This change will improve the system efficiency.